Receptionist – Administration Office
Communities In Schools of The South Plains, Inc. is seeking to fill the Receptionist position at the Administration Office. This position requires two years of college or related work experience in an office setting. Duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively and executes all administrative tasks as needed. Applicant must be able to pass a criminal background check, possess valid driver’s license, and have experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other comparable programs.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Greet and welcome guests as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer and forward incoming calls
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail and deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Order front office supplies and keep company inventory
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Maintain, clean and organize reception and kitchen area
- Arrange travel and accommodations and prepare vouchers
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying and faxing
- Receiving payment information for periodic fundraising events
- Troubleshoot office issues and schedule service calls
- Other duties as directed by your supervisor
- Administrative Assistant to CEO
Grant and Community Relations Advocate
Communities In Schools of the South Plains, Inc. is seeking to fill a Grant and Community Relations Advocate position in the administration office. The Grant and Community Relations position is responsible for increasing organizational capacity of Communities In Schools (CIS) of the South Plains by securing funds through extensive grant writing, maintaining community relations, and overseeing organization publications. Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and possess a valid driver’s license. This position requires a bachelor’s degree and a high degree of computer proficiency. This individual will need to be able to work independently, meet deadlines, multi-task, maintain positive working relationships, be resourceful, and function as an effective administrative team member.
ACE Site Coordinator – Cycle 9: Richardson Elementary, Dimmitt ISD
Communities In Schools of The South Plains, Inc. is seeking to fill the ACE Site Coordinator position to work with students at risk of dropping out of school. Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check, possess a valid driver’s license, have excellent communication skills, and experience in data entry, activity planning, and supervising. Other duties include implementation of before and after school programs and coordination of community resources to meet student needs. This position requires a bachelor’s degree in social work, education, or related field and three years of experience with student services. Five or more years of experience in management and/or working with at-risk students may be substituted for education.
Site Coordinator Opening – Lamesa ISD: Lamesa North Elementary
Communities In Schools of the South Plains is seeking to fill a site coordinator position that will work directly with at-risk students on campus to improve academics, attendance, behavior, and promotion rates. This position requires a bachelor’s degree in social work, education or related field, and three years’ experience with student services and/or case management. Other duties include implementing the CIS program; counseling students, families, and small groups; and coordinating with school administration to find community resources to meet students’ needs. Applicant must be able to pass a criminal background check, possess valid driver’s license, and have case management experience. Need to fill positions immediately.